Diversity and Inclusion Council Goals
The Goals of the Diversity & Inclusion Council are:
- To educate the campus community about diverse perspectives by celebrating and supporting all cultures.
- To raise diversity and inclusion to the forefront of university priorities and be vocal about its importance.
- To promote multicultural/intercultural awareness and understanding
- To develop and implement a plan to recruit, retain, and promote diverse staff and faculty
- To facilitate educational opportunities for faculty, staff and students to increase understanding of diversity and multicultural life experiences
- To build curricular and co-curricular opportunities for student and faculty engagement in diversity and inclusion knowledge and understanding
- To recommend policies needed to assure inclusion and celebration of multiculturalism
- To advise the President's Council on the degree to which messages, symbols, events, etc. support a welcoming and inclusive environment
- To advance Campus Accessibility and awareness of Disabilities, Mental Health Needs, and Prevention of Gender & Sexual Violence
- To design assessment strategies to assure progress toward goal achievement