Employment Information for Nondegree Students
F-1 English Language Program students are not eligible to work on or off campus.
F-1 and J-1 Academic nondegree students are eligble to work on campus.
- On campus employment-F-1/J-1 students and federal work study students have first priority for on campus positions. Employment opportunities available on campus are listed on NACELink. You will need to create an account to access these positions. Per Chatham University regulations, all students are only allowed to work 19 hours per week during the academic year and hold only one job. Most on campus jobs are 8-12 hours per week.
- Off campus employment-
- F-1 students - non academic students are not eligible to work off campus.
- J-1 students - eligbile to work off campus with Academic Training.
- Academic Training
- Economic Hardship - It is off-campus employment authorization for J-1 student who have been studying in the U.S. for at least one year who have and/or are experiencing financial difficulties. Please contact the International Student Services Coordinator for more information.
- Finding Jobs or internships
Please contact the Office of International Affairs at InternationalAffairs@chatham.edu with questions about being at Chatham as an international student.