Get to know Chatham.
Offering the combination of highly professional preparation in the fields of health sciences, sustainability, business & communication, and the arts & sciences, and the liberal arts skill-building that proves successful throughout life, Chatham University's more than 40 undergraduate degree programs deliver to the needs of tomorrow's economy and creates the professionals for it.
Through the School of Health Sciences, Falk School of Sustainability & Environment, and the School of Arts, Science & Business, Chatham students experience a dynamic academic community that empowers students to explore and define their abilities to continue Chatham's 140+ year tradition of developing sought after leaders that leave an impact on the world.
The Chatham Advantage
- A student-to-teacher ratio of 10:1. Faculty – not teaching assistants – teach all classes and advise students.
- Full-time undergraduate students receive a laptop and software through Chatham's One-to-One Program.
- Chatham's Integrated Degree Programs enable students to guarantee admission to competitive Chatham health sciences graduate programs and earn both bachelor's and master's degrees from Chatham or partnering institutions, such as Carnegie Mellon University, in as few as five years.
- Chatham students may register for classes at any of Pittsburgh's nine other colleges and universities including Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh – both of which are within walking distance of the campus.
- The Chatham Abroad program offers international travel and study for every student.
- Mentoring programs link students to more than 350 internships nationwide.
- The Global Focus program brings a region of the world; its politics, geography, cultures, and perceptions – into closer view for the entire campus community through coursework, service learning projects, lectures, movies, and discussions. Recent Global Focus topics include Latin America and the Communities of Islam.
- Chatham's eighteen NCAA Division III sports teams have a home in an $18 million Athletic and Fitness Center, featuring a competition pool, gym, squash courts, cardio rooms, climbing wall, running track, and exercise and dance studios.