"Walk Humbly" A Lecture with PA Faculty and Author Jonathan Weinkle
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Location: Campbell Memorial Chapel and Welker Room, James Laughlin Music Hall
Chatham's School of Health Sciences and the Office of Alumni Relations invite you to a lecture on Jonathan Weinkle's newly published work, "Healing People, Not Patients; Creating Authentic Relationships in Modern Healthcare." In addition to instructing for Chatham's Physician Assistant Program, Dr. Weinkle is the PA Program's Medical Director and an Internist and Pediatrician at the Squirrel Hill Health Center.
The lecture will be held in the Campbell Memorial Chapel, followed by a professional networking reception lecture in the James Laughlin Music Hall. Refreshments and appetizers will be served at the reception.
6:00-7:00 pm - Lecture, Campbell Memorial Chapel
7:00-8:30 pm - Reception, Welker Room
One (1.0) continuing education credit will be offered for Psychology (APA) and Physician Assistant (AAPA Category 1 CME credit) professionals attending this presentation.
1. Define “humility” in both general terms and as it may apply to the practice of the healing arts and health sciences
2. Identify specific competencies in healthcare that fit under the umbrella of “humility" (Cultural competency, Interprofessional collaboration, Patient safety)
3. Explain conceptual frameworks designed to encourage greater humility
4. Describe concrete practice techniques that operationalize the attitude of humility in a way that benefits people receiving care
5. Articulate language that can be used in the healing encounter to foster humility and equality among the parties
The Chatham University Psychology Continuing Education Program is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Chatham University Psychology Continuing Education Program maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Please contact Jennifer Morse at email@example.com with questions.
Registration and Directions
Fee : FREE (Must Register)
Location : Campbell Memorial Chapel and Welker Room, James Laughlin Music Hall
Chatham University, Shadyside Campus
The School of Health Sciences & The Office of Alumni Relations