BSN to DNP (BSN-DNP) Learning Outcomes
MSN Program Outcomes
- Integrate scientific findings from nursing and other fields for continual improvement of nursing care.
- Synthesize organizational and systems leadership principles to promote high quality and safe patient care.
- Implement methods and tools of QI principles to promote high quality and safe patient care.
- Critique EB literature with a basic understanding of quantitative and qualitative research to guide decision-making.
- Analyze current and emerging trends and technologies to support quality health care.
- Analyze and synthesize innovative approaches to complex issues in health care delivery at the local, state and national level based on understanding of health policy and principles of advocacy.
- Construct effective communication strategies for working effectively in teams and collaboratively with other health care providers.
- Design evidence-based and culturally relevant clinical prevention interventions.
- Conduct a comprehensive and systematic assessment as a basis for decision-making.
- Obtain expertise in the role of educator, informatics and leadership.
DNP Program Outcomes
- Apply interprofessional collaboration concepts for improving patient and population health outcomes.
- Synthesize nursing research and integration of best practice for change in professional practice based on scientific underpinnings for practice.
- Integrates clinical scholarship and analytical methods for evidence-based practice.
- Impact health care outcomes through clinical prevention and population health for improving the nation's health.
- Integrate nursing science as the basis for the highest level of nursing practice.
- Develop and evaluates new practice approaches based on nursing theory and theories borrowed from other disciplines.
- Provide clinical nursing change through organizational and systems leadership for quality improvement and systems thinking.
- Utilize information systems/technology and patient care technology to improve and transform health care.
- Integrate health policy and ethics to improve health care outcomes through advocacy roles.