Master of Science in Interior Architecture (MSIA) Admission Requirements
Recommended application deadline for FALL entry: July 1
Recommended application deadline for SPRING entry: November 1
Note: applications will continue to be accepted and considered for admission as long as seats remain in the class
- Have a completed baccalaureate degree in interior design or interior architecture from an accredited college or university, with an overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. (Probationary admission may be granted for applicants with a GPA of less than a 3.0 who show extreme promise through their other achievements.)
- Complete application for admission, including:
- Online application
- One to two page personal statement of intent, explaining why you would like to pursue a graduate degree in interior architecture and identify a possible area of specialization.
- Copy of curriculum vita or résumé
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
Admissions Materials may be submitted to:
Office of Graduate Admission
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Fax: (412) 365-1609
The information on this website applies to the MSIA program. If you are interested in the Master of Interior Architecture (MIA), please visit the MIA website.
Integrated Degree Program
Chatham University undergraduates applying through the Integrated Degree Program (IDP) must complete all requirements outlined on their respective admission or track tab on the IDP Portal Site. All IDP applicants should work closely with their academic advisor to ensure they are meeting all requirements according to their IDP course of study.