RN to MSN (RN-MSN) Learning Outcomes
BSN Program Outcomes
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing and other related disciplines in acquisition and application of nursing knowledge, competencies, and values for professional practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge for nursing leadership, quality improvement, and patient safety in order to provide high quality care.
- Integrate evidence-based findings into professional nursing practice.
- Apply skills related to information management and patient care technology in order to deliver quality patient care.
- Comprehend the influence of healthcare policies and finance on healthcare system operations.
- Utilize interprofessional collaboration and communication with other health team members in planning, coordinating, providing, and evaluating care.
- Apply concepts of clinical prevention and health promotion to individuals, families, and communities in a global society.
- Provide professional, culturally competent, and ethically congruent care that reflects dignity and uniqueness of individuals and groups in diverse global populations.
- Utilize the nursing process and health care resources in the protection, promotion, and optimization of health in care of individuals, families, and communities across the lifespan.
MSN Program Outcomes
- Integrate scientific findings from nursing and other fields for continual improvement of nursing care.
- Synthesize organizational and systems leadership principles to promote high quality and safe patient care.
- Implement methods and tools of QI principles to promote high quality and safe patient care.
- Critique EB literature with a basic understanding of quantitative and qualitative research to guide decision-making.
- Analyze current and emerging trends and technologies to support quality health care.
- Analyze and synthesize innovative approaches to complex issues in health care delivery at the local, state and national level based on understanding of health policy and principles of advocacy.
- Construct effective communication strategies for working effectively in teams and collaboratively with other health care providers.
- Design evidence-based and culturally relevant clinical prevention interventions.
- Conduct a comprehensive and systematic assessment as a basis for decision-making.
- Obtain expertise in the role of educator, informatics and leadership.