2021-2022 Course Catalog
Career Development and Preparation and Internships
Chatham's Office of Career Development offers a broad range of services, programs, and resources to aid in career exploration and professional development.
Finding On-Campus Employment
Whether you’re looking to search for on-campus employment or to make an appointment with a Career Development consultant, Handshake is the tool you need. This online job and internship posting database is updated daily and features thousands of position postings every year. Campus employment is open to all students with priority application periods designated for students receiving Federal Work Study (FWS) awards. Question about your FWS eligibility? Contact the Office of Financial Aid.
Classroom Presentations & Workshops
The following is a list of topics that can be tailored to your group, class, or field of study. Presentations are interactive and we can create assignments related to these topic areas as requested. Our full event schedule is available on Handshake to current Chatham students.
- Graduate School Planning and Internships and Experiential Learning
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing, Interview Skills/Preparation, and Informational Interviewing
- LinkedIn & Networking, Mentorship, Job Search Strategies, and Professional Onboarding
- Professional Competencies, Promotions and Negotiations, Leadership and Followership, and Professional Goal-Setting
- Developing and Articulating Your Professional Identity and Business and Professional Etiquette
Programs & Events
Many of the topics we cover in Career Development lend themselves to effective, engaging programs. We can tailor and facilitate any of the following programs to meet the needs of your group or class:
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Workshop
- Mock Interviews and Interview Skills and Strategies Workshop
- Etiquette Dinners, Dress for Success, and Job Shadowing
- Career Diversity Dialogues, Panel Presentations, and Invited Speakers
- Internship 101 Workshops and Internship Preparation Workshops
Our full event schedule is available on Handshake to current Chatham students.
Internships & On-Campus Employment
We offer tools, resources, and programs for students completing internships and those with on-campus jobs, but we can also tailor programs related to these initiatives as requested. Potential programs may include:
- Articulating your Internship/Student Employment Experience
- Developing Technical, Interpersonal, and Conceptual Skills through Internships/Student Employment
The Career Development Competency model highlights four major competency areas critical to success in organizational life. Some of the programs and resources we offer related to the competency model are:
- Competency Assessment and Goal Setting (can be tailored to specific field of study, group, or experience)
- Competency Development Workshops: workshops or presentations on specific competencies or the model as a whole
Welcome Aboard Mentorship Program
The Welcome Aboard Mentorship Program offers students the chance to be matched with a Chatham Alumna/us or local professional who will share their experience, offer support, and provide guidance. Learn more.