2021-2022 Course Catalog
Office of Academic & Accessibility Resources (OAAR)
Chatham University is committed to ensuring that education is accessible, equitable, and inclusive of all individuals with a desire to learn. The Office of Academic & Accessibility Resources (OAAR) has multiple purposes, all with the goal of helping students achieve their educational objectives. Services offered include:
- Support services for students needing accommodations for documented conditions and disabilities (temporary or permanent)
- General academic support including free tutoring, writing specialists, and workshops to improve study skills, time management, etc.
- Offering courses to provide structured academic support, especially for First-Year students including:
- IND101 Foundations of Learning: Theory & Application (1 cr, 7.5 weeks, offered every term)
In this course, students will learn the science behind how our brains learn, the significance of a growth-mindset, and how to become creators of their own success through active learning. Additionally, students will learn practical and engaging strategies for note-taking, active reading, time management, test-taking, and other study strategies.
- COR145 Foundations of Effective Writing (1 cr 15 weeks) Students enrolled in ENG105 are required to take this course, unless they meet a minimum score on an exemption exam.
This course is designed to provide writing support and instruction for any student enrolled in a writing-intensive course, including ENG105. Supplemental instruction focuses on the development of writing skills necessary for successful completion of the College Seminar and applicable to other courses across the curriculum.
For more information visit our web page at: