2022-2023 Course Catalog
Admission Procedures for the Pathways to Nursing Program
Applications for admission to the Chatham University Nursing (Pathways to Nursing) program must include:
- The Chatham University online application
- The supplemental UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing application
- High School transcripts showing graduation date and 2 years of science with related lab coursework
- Post-secondary Education: all transcripts must be submitted
- Completion of the following high school courses with a “C” or higher
- 4 years of English
- 2 years of Science (Biology or Chemistry) with a related Laboratory
- 2 years of Mathematics (1 of which is Algebra)
- 3 years of Social Studies
- High school GPA of 3.0 or greater
- SAT > 1050 or ACT > 21 or TEAS test score of 62% or higher. Offered by ATI and required for admission to UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing.
If accepted for admission to UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing, receive a written offer of acceptance. To reserve a space in the incoming class, the candidate must acknowledge acceptance in writing per the letter offering admission to the school.
Once accepted to Nursing (Pathways to Nursing), all students are required to satisfy the requirements for participation in clinical rotations including background checks and a health screening, and a current CPR certification.
All students will be provided a current checklist detailing documentation to be provided and the respective submission deadlines when attending a post-acceptance UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing Information Session.
Students not meeting the requirements to enter or remain enrolled in the UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing Program will receive written notification from the School of Health Sciences Dean's office advising them to select an academic major other than Nursing (Pathways to Nursing). Students are required to complete appropriate documentation to secure a different academic major and advisor. The University Registrar’s Office will automatically change the student’s major to “undeclared” and assign a new advisor if the appropriate documentation is not completed within the timeframe designated in the notification letter.
Post-Acceptance Information Session/New Student Orientation
Attendance at a post-acceptance information session/new student orientation is required once the offer of admission has been accepted. Topics covered at these sessions include: academic schedules, photo ID cards, and compliance requirements.
For more information, click here.