2022-2023 Course Catalog
APPLICATION FOR DEGREE CONFERRAL
Applying for Degree Conferral is a mandatory step that all students (undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral) must take in order to be awarded their degree and receive their diploma. There is a fee involved. Your application triggers a review of your degree progress by your program/advisor. If we are alerted that you are not approved and have additional requirements to fulfill, you will be notified via email. All grades must be received before anything is finalized.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR DEGREE CONFERRAL TO RECEIVE YOUR DIPLOMA
- In myChatham under My Tools look for the button APPLICATION FOR DEGREE CONFERRAL. If the date you seek is available, then you are done and should alert your advisor to your application. If you do not see the date that you would like, it means the deadline has passed. Proceed to next step.
- If the date you want is not listed as an option, please select an available date OR LATE APPLICATION and proceed to the next step.
- Fill out a RETROACTIVE PETITION FORM and circle the conferral month you seek on the form and sign it. . This form can be found on myChatham/ Documents and forms and can also be downloaded directly from the application page. Proceed to next step.
- Return the form to the University Registrar's office either via fax at (412) 365-1643 or by taking a photograph of the signed form with a smart phone and attaching it to an email to University Registrar@chatham.edu. Please be sure the signature is visible.
- IF APPROVED: the University Registrar's office will be able to adjust your application to reflect the conferral month you've circled on your petition. You will be notified via email when this has taken place. Please do not contact this office during the review period, you will not receive a response.