2022-2023 Course Catalog

Withdrawal from the University

Withdrawal from the University is a student-initiated action that an active enrolled student takes to formally separate from Chatham. As a result of the Withdrawal from the University, the student will no longer be considered an active enrolled student at Chatham.

A student considering a Withdrawal from the University is encouraged to consult with their academic advisor, the Office of Financial Aid, and the Office of Student Accounts prior to completing and submitting the Withdrawal from the University form so the student understands the unique impact this action will present to the student.

A student who wishes to execute a Withdrawal from the University must complete and submit the Withdrawal from the University form to the University Registrar (which includes the signatures of their academic advisor, Chair or Program Director, and academic Dean of their school.)

 If a student withdraws from the University prior to the semester's start or during the add/drop period, their scheduled courses will be cancelled. If a student withdraws during the withdrawal period, (W) grades will be awarded for their entire schedule of registered courses. The withdrawal actions will be recorded on the student's transcript. 

The last day to withdraw is posted on the Academic Calendar. Refunds will be made in accordance with University and federal government refund policies. 

Withdrawing from the University for military activation requires deployment proof prior to being deployed. Proof may be faxed, mailed, or hand-carried, and it may take the form of general orders cut by the company commander. When a student is activated during the semester, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and University Registrar policies will take effect, and questions should be directed to these offices. When a student is activated near the end of the semester, the student and their faculty members may determine that incomplete (I) grades are more appropriate. If incomplete grades are recorded, tuition will not be waived. 

When a student does not complete the Withdrawal from the University form, that student will remain in an active not attending status for one academic year. Following this period, if the student does not register for courses for an upcoming semester, the University will administratively withdraw the student, and the withdrawal from the University action will be recorded on the student’s transcript. 

Students who return to the University after withdrawal of a year or more must contact the Office of Admissions to begin the process of reinstatement. Additionally, graduate students must be reaccepted by their program prior to returning.