Post-Professional Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Faculty and Staff
Hometown : Hanover, PA
Dr. Christner is a school-based occupational therapist in south-central Pennsylvania. For the past 17 years, she has provided specially designed interventions to support student participation in the education process. Throughout her career, Dr, Christner has also had opportunities to work in adult rehabilitation, long-term care, and home health. She received her BS in occupational therapy from the University of Pittsburgh and her Masters in occupational therapy from Belmont University in Nashville, TN. In 2013, she obtained her Doctorate Degree in occupational therapy from Chatham University. As part of her studies at Chatham, Dr. Christner developed and implemented an evidenced-based capstone that encompassed promoting occupational therapy within the educational environment. In addition to local, state, and national presentations on this topic, her article “Promoting the Role of Occupational Therapy in School-based Collaboration: Outcome Project” was published in the Journal of Occupational Therapy, Schools, and Early Intervention in July of 2015. Dr. Christner remains active in the Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association as a county representative contributing to the planning of continuing education opportunities in District 1.
- OTD, Chatham Univeristy (Pittsburgh, PA), 2013
- MS, Belmont University (Nashville, TN), 2004
- BS University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA), 1994
- Christner, A. (2015). Promoting the role of occupational therapy in school-based collaboration: Outcome project. Journal of Occupational Therapy, Schools, and Early Intervention, 8(2), 136-148.
- Member: American Occupational Therapy Association
- Member: Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association