Post-Professional Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the OTD Program, graduates will have developed knowledge and skills to become evidence-based practitioners, advanced clinicians, and professional leaders. Specifically, graduates will:
- Become self directed, evidence-based learners through the ability to access and critically evaluate the reliability of electronic databases and web resources.
- Demonstrate the ability to access and critically evaluate literature related to occupational therapy.
- Apply principles of evidence-based practice as a basis for clinical decision making in the student’s work setting.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of occupational therapy practice through the study and application of occupational science literature and occupation-based intervention.
- Design, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of innovative occupation-based programs in the student’s chosen area of interest.
- Develop the skills to become professional leaders in areas of public policy/ethics, professional advocacy, education, and business.