Master of Arts in Psychology (MA) Admission Requirements
Fall Recommended Deadline - July 1*
*Rolling admission for Fall entry until August 1
Spring Recommended Deadline - November 1
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum GPA of a 3.0
- Successful completion of an undergraduate psychology course with at least a B grade
Applicants to the MA in Psychology program must submit the following information to the Office of Admissions for review:
- Completed online application - resume and essay can be uploaded to the application but can also be sent independently.
- Official Transcripts (must be sent from the school's Registrar’s Office) from all colleges and universities you have attended including those in which you may have transfer credits, attended a community college, received AP credits from a college while in high school, enrolled in a summer course, participated in a study abroad, etc.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- • Two (2) Academic or Professional Letters of Recommendation (much be sent by the recommender) in the form of a Word or pdf document. This is a free form recommendation and there will not be a link or form sent to your recommenders.
- Admissions essay (500 words) - Why do you want to get a MAP degree from Chatham University? Please provide a specific rationale for both the degree and the University.
All admissions documents should be sent to email@example.com
Office of Graduate Admission - Berry Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Application documents should be sent to the Admissions Office only!
After verifying that the minimum academic requirements are met, the program utilizes a holistic approach in reviewing the candidate's entire application. This process is intended to seek talented and qualified individuals of all backgrounds. Taking multiple factors into consideration during our admissions process positively achieves the educational benefits of a student body that is both diverse and academically excellent. This approach includes an evaluation of each candidate's academic achievement as well as their personal characteristics, attributes and experiences.
A phone interview will be required of all applicants. This process will take place after your application has been completed and has been given to the faculty admission committee for evaluation.
Applicants will be informed by the Office of Admissions about whether or not they have been accepted into the MAP program.
International Applicants to the MA in Psychology program must submit additional documentation to the Office of Admissions.
A list of these documents can be found on the International Admission web pages.
Integrated Degree Program
Chatham University undergraduates applying through the Integrated Degree Program (IDP) must complete all requirements outlined on their respective admission or track tab on the IDP Portal Site. All IDP applicants should work closely with their academic advisor to ensure they are meeting all requirements according to their IDP course of study.