At Chatham, advisors and advisees work together to plan the best program of study for each student. Together students and advisors discuss and explore a student's interests, skills, struggles, and aspirations in the effort to help each student meet their unique goals.
The objectives of Chatham University's academic advising program are to help advisees identify and achieve their academic goals, to promote their intellectual discovery, and to encourage students to take advantage of both in-and out-of class opportunities in order to become engaged, environmentally responsible, globally conscious, life-long learners and decision makers. To this end, the advising program strives to meet the following goals:
- To assist students in the consideration and clarification of educational, career, and life goals
- To assist students in developing an educational plan and selection of courses consistent with the student's goals and objectives
- To provide accurate information about institutional policies, procedures, resources, and programs in-and out-of the classroom.
- To assist students in evaluation of progress toward established goals and educational plans
- To assist students in the development of decision-making skills
- To empower and encourage students to be self-directed and life-long learners
Students: Visit myChatham for additional Advising resources.