Student Activities at Chatham University is committed to student involvement on Chatham's campus and in the community. The office provides quality programming, leadership and community service opportunities to enrich students' out-of-classroom experience, and advises Chatham's 60+ student organizations.
The Student Activities is committed to collaborating with other offices and student organizations to create an engaged campus community. Please explore this website to learn more about student organizations and campus events. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Student Activities partners with several campus departments and student organizations to create a vibrant campus life with fun social and educational events for students. Each semester students can pick up a Student Activities Calendar that includes all the events for the semester. Students should regularly visit myChatham for updates!
The following are series events that happen each semester. These student favorites are a great way to get involved and meet new people:
- Community Service and Volunteer Opportunities. Events vary to meet everyone's needs and give you a chance to volunteer in a variety of capacities.
- Chatham After Hours is a late night and weekend programming on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights that keeps your weekends filled with fun events, which include date nights in Pittsburgh, pre-release movies, themed dances, sporting events and much more.
- Student Organization Nights which provide student organizations an opportunity to bring their ideas of programs into fruition.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT STUDENT ACTIVITIES LEADERSHIP POSITIONS AND JOBS?
The Carriage House is the living room of campus and is staffed by Carriage House Programming Coordinators, who are student employees. These students' help run the building's operations, programs and events.
In addition to working in the Carriage House, the Chatham Activities Board is looking for students to join a committee to help plan programs on and off campus. Events can include dances, Pirates Games, Murder Mystery Dinner, Cedar Point trips and many more.
For more information about any positions offered by Student Activities email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412.365.2990.
The Office of Residence Life & Student Activities supports the mission of the University through a student-centered dedication to undergraduate and graduate education. We believe in:
- Encouraging growth; pursuing a culture of learning, education, and development balanced with excellent customer service.
- Building relationships; providing opportunities to foster connections and engage in authentic dialogue.
- Encouraging accountability; involving students in the development and maintenance of individual and community standards that reflect a duty to consider the impact of one’s actions, beliefs, and attitudes.
- Pursuing justice; affording students just participation in a consistent process, resulting in outcomes unique to the individual’s needs.
- Inspiring civic engagement; encouraging self-reflection on one’s identities, how they operate in and with the world, and how one can take an active role in transformation.