2021-2022 Course Catalog
Students are required to earn three (3) Professional Preparation (PRO) credits over at least two (2) courses which will include one of the following two learning outcomes:
- Students will create documents or projects that ask them to reflect on the development of their own professional competencies. (Good examples of reflective projects include journals, blogs, reflective essays, introductions to portfolios, etc.)
- Students will create documents or projects that will be useful to them in seeking employment or further education (including but not limited to resumes/CV, cover letters, personal statements, portfolios, etc.)
And two or more of the following learning outcomes:
- Students will explore professions related to their field of study and/or methods for obtaining a job.
- Students will identify and explain the importance of ethics, cultural competence, and professional behavior in their profession.
- Students will master a technical skill related to their profession and demonstrate efficiency.
- Students will analyze professional management techniques and strategies.
- Students will apply knowledge and skills learned in their field to solve a related problem in an experiential or project-based setting.
- Students will gain proficiency in a standardized exam or certification process essential to their career path.