2021-2022 Course Catalog
Nurse Educator Certificate
- Completed free online application: https://apply.chatham.edu
- A BSN degree with a minimum 2.8 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA
- Proof of active, unencumbered nursing license in your state
- Official transcripts showing highest degree obtained
Admissions Materials may be submitted to:
Berry Hall/SCPS Admission
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Fax: (412) 365-1609
At the completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Integrate emerging health care technologies into nursing education
- Perform in curriculum design and evaluation of outcomes
- Apply program concepts in the role of a nurse educator in the academic and clinical environment
- Utilize various teaching strategies to facilitate learning
NUR503 Informatics Foundation and Health Care Technology
This course will assist students within the graduate program to develop a strong foundation of knowledge in understanding the impact technology and informatics has in the delivery of care across various settings. Students will be introduced to current and emerging technologies while exploring the impact on patient outcomes and staff satisfaction.
3 NUR632 Curriculum Design and Evaluation in Nursing Education
This course focuses on the processes of curriculum development and evaluation that are critical responsibilities of nurse educators in schools of nursing, patient education programs, or staff development. Course goals include how the curriculum provides guidelines for program delivery and methods for evaluating program effectiveness.
3 NUR642 Professional Role and Responsibility of the Nurse Educator
The professional role and responsibility of the nurse educator course focuses on diverse roles and practice environments experienced by nurse educators. The course will provide novice and experienced nurse educators with guidelines for practice in classroom, clinical, staff development, and various educational settings. Academic and institutional policies, protocols and legal aspects will be explored.
3 NUR652 Teaching Strategies and Information Technology for the Nurse Educator
This course will focus on strategies to develop knowledge and skill sets in pedagogy, teaching-learning theories, testing and measurement, and various educational technologies. An in-depth introduction to information technology that supports practice and improves patient care and outcomes will be explored.