The Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strives to serve our vision of a fully inclusive and equitable Chatham and our mission of advancing an environment that is inclusive, diverse, mutually respectful, and equitable for all students, faculty, staff, and alumni. We are grounded in the following values:
- Equity Mindedness – Calling attention to disparities in resources, rights, and quality of life among historically privileged and marginalized groups.
- Intersectionality – Honoring the wholeness and uniqueness of individuals’ lived experiences as a result of holding multiple social identities.
- Trauma Informed – Examining the influence and impact of responses to personal, interpersonal, and societal acts of violence.
- Expansive Inclusivity – Creating an environment broad and vast enough to encompass all community members, regardless of their background, that encourages authenticity and transformation rather than assimilation and conformity
- Restoration – Engaging in community dialogue practices that build relationships and repair harm.