Marilu Piotrowski, Ph.D., MSN, RN
Hometown: Aliquippa, PA
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Nursing education. Leadership development. Resilience. Self-directed and autonomous learning as 21st century skills, and sustainability through lifelong learning.
PERSONAL AREAS OF INTEREST
Spending time with family and travel. Working on crafts, gardening, and home improvement.
Dr. Piotrowski has over thirty years of experience as a registered nurse, faculty member, and administrative director for a school of nursing within an integrated healthcare system. Her work has been devoted to fostering healthcare worker and mid-level leader development for optimal patient outcomes. She has designed and taught a variety of teaching/learning strategies in Medical Surgical, Fundamentals, and Leadership courses with clinical application in acute-care, long-term, and community settings.
- Ph.D., Robert Morris University
- MSN, Duquesne University
- BSN, Duquesne University
- University of Pittsburgh MBA Essentials Team Award for best business performance; Sigma Theta Tau Award of Excellence; Duquesne University Epsilon Phi chapter Sigma Theta Tau Research Award.
- International Society for Self-Directed Learning; Sigma Theta Tau, Duquesne University Alumni Association, Robert Morris University Alumni Association
- Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma
- Piotrowski, M. "Self-Directedness and Resilience in Mid-level Healthcare Leaders." 31st International Self-Directed Learning Symposium (Cocoa Beach, FL), February, 2017.