Jamiyanaa Dashdorj, Ph.D.
Joined Chatham: August 2016
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Dr. Dashdorj teaches calculus-based physics and laboratory courses; and conducts research with his colleagues to improve accuracy of gaseous ion mobility measurement using a drift tube mass spectrometer.
PERSONAL AREAS OF INTEREST
Soccer, chess and travel.
Jami Dashdorj studied and trained in Mongolia, Austria, Italy, and Brazil, before coming to U.S. for graduate school. He earned his Ph.D. in applied physics from Colorado School of Mines building a non-destructive minority carrier recombination lifetime mapping system at National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Prior to joining the faculty at Chatham, Dr. Dashdorj was a research associate at University of Alabama (Birmingham) investigating point defects and charge transfer mechanisms in GaN, SrTiO3, ZnSe and SiC using electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- PhD in Applied Physics, Colorado School of Mines
- MS in Condensed Matter Physics, International Center for Theoretical Physics (Trieste, Italy)
- BS in Physics, University of Mongolia (UlanBator)
- Italian Government Scholarship (Trieste, Italy)
- International Atomic Energy Agency Fellowship (Vienna, Austria)
- TWAS/CNPQ Fellowship for Visiting Scientist at Federal University of Parana (Curitiba, Brazil)
- American Physical Society (APS)
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- A. Viehland, E. Ducasse, M. Cordier, A. Trout, and J. Dashdorj, “Third order transport coefficients of ion swarms”, J. Chem. Phys. 155, 204301 (2021)
- A. Viehland, H.R. Skullerud, M. Cordier, J. Dashdorj, and A. Trout,”Motion of NO+ ions in uniform electrostatic fields in the rare gases”, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 54, 175202 (2021).
- Dashdorj, W.C. Pfalzgraff, A.D. Trout, D. Fingerlow, M. Cordier, and L.A. Viehland, “Determination of mobility and diffusion coefficients of Ar+ and Ar2+ ions in argon gas”, Int. J. Ion Mobil. Spec., 23, 143 (2020)
- A. Viehland, A. Lutfullaeva, J. Dashdorj, and R. Johnsen, “Accurate gaseous ion mobility measurements”, Int. J. Ion Mobil. Spec., 20, 95 (2017)
- R. Willoughby, M.E. Zvanut, J. Dashdorj, and M. Bockowski, “A model for Be-related photo-absorption in compensated GaN:Be substrates”, J. Appl. Phys. 120, 115701 (2016).
- E. Zvanut, J. Dashdorj, J.A. Freitas Jr., E.R. Glaser, W.R. Willoughby, J.H. Leach, and K. Udwary, “Incorporation of Mg in free-standing HVPE GaN substrates”, J. Electron. Mater., 45, 2692 (2016)
- Dashdorj, W.R. Willoughby, M.E. Zvanut, and M. Bockowski, “Electron paramagnetic resonance studies of bulk Mg-doped GaN grown by high nitrogen pressure solution method”, Phys. Status Solidi C, 4-5, 338 (2015)
- M. Poole, J. Dashdorj, M.E. Zvanut, and M.D. McCluskey, “Large persistent photoconductivity in strontium titanate at room temperature”, Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 1792 (2015).
- Dashdorj, M.E. Zvanut, and M. Bockowski, “Determination of an acceptor level in bulk GaN grown by high nitrogen pressure solution method”, Phys. Status Solidi B, 1-5, 1 (2015)
- V. Fedorov, T. Konak, J. Dashdorj, M.E. Zvanut, and S.B. Mirov, “Optical and EPR spectroscopy of Zn:Cr:ZnSe and Zn:Fe:ZnSe crystals”, Opt. Mater. 37, 262, (2014).
- Dashdorj, M.E. Zvanut, J.G. Harrison, K. Udwary, and T. Paskova, “Charge transfer in semi-insulating Fe-doped GaN”, J. Appl. Phys. 112, 013712 (2012).
- Dashdorj, M.E. Zvanut, and L.J. Stanley, “Iron-related defect levels in SrTiO3 measured by photo-electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy”, J. Appl. Phys. 107, 083513 (2010).
- Dashdorj, M.E. Zvanut, and J.G. Harrison, “Measurements of optical cross sections of carbon vacancy in 4H-SiC by time-dependent photoelectron paramagnetic resonance”, J. Appl. Phys. 104, 113707 (2008).
- Metzger, R.K. Ahrenkiel, J. Dashdorj, and D.J. Friedman, “Analysis of charge separation dynamics in a semiconductor junction”, Phys. Rev. B 71, 035301 (2005).
- Ahrenkiel and J. Dashdorj, “Interface recombination velocity measurement by a contactless microwave technique”, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 22(4), 2063 (2004).
- Dashdorj, L.A. Viehland, A. Lutfullaeva, and R. Johnsen, “Accurate gaseous ion mobility measurements”, 70th Annual Gaseous Electronics Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, 2017.
- Dashdorj, M.E. Zvanut, and M.M. Bockowski, “EPR detected defect center in bulk GaN substrates grown by high pressure nitrogen solution method”, APS March Meeting, San Antonia, TX, 2015.
- Dashdorj, M.E. Zvanut, J.G. Harrison, T. Paskova, and K. Udwary, “Thermal capture rate of electrons by Fe acceptor in GaN”, APS March Meeting, Dallas, TX, 2011.
- Dashdorj, M.E. Zvanut, and J.G. Harrison, “Charge transfer kinetics of the carbon vacancy defect in 4H-SiC”, APS March Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, 2009.
- Dashdorj, M.E. Zvanut, and J. Harrison, “A defect relaxation model for the carbon vacancy in SiC”, APS March Meeting, New Orleans, LA, 2008.
- Dashdorj and M.E. Zvanut, “Study of chromium impurities in SrTiO3 by photo-Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy”, MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, 2007.
- Dashdorj, R.K. Ahrenkiel, and W.K. Metzger, “Modeling of recombination lifetimes in charge-separation device structures”, MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, 2003.